Getting ready for my show “Forest Floor”, July 29 – August 28, 2012 at the Shenkman Arts Centre, in the Trinity Gallery, City of Ottawa. I will be displaying eco printed art cloth and paper.
First up is a collection of ten eco prints on watercolour paper, variously sized: 8″x 10″, 9″x 12″, 11″ x 14″ and some irregular. The leaves were collected and printed in fall 2011. The colours remain vibrant, and some have even developed further depth. One of my research questions last year concerned print longevity. I am satisfied with these results and feel comfortable offering then to the public.
1. Cotinus coggygria, chokecherry, Japanese Maple, ginkgo
2. Blackberry, marigold (tagetes), catalpa pod
3. Alder, Japanese Maple, ginkgo, blackberry
5. Sweet Gum, Japanese Maple, ginkgo, cotinus c.,
7. Sweet Gum, Japanese Maple, cotinus coggygria
8.Sweet Gum, Japanese Maple, cotinus coggygria
9.Sweet Gum, Japanese Maple, cotinus coggygria, alder.
10.Sweet Gum, Japanese Maple, cotinus coggygria, alder.
Also in July, two of my embroidered art pieces purchased by the City of Ottawa will be on display at city hall in the City of Ottawa Gallery, Permanent Collection. Pics next post!
Thanks for following